Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Trying Something New




Like many people today I'm always on the go! But I finally convinced myself to slow down and learn how to bake from scratch. Don't get me wrong I love boxed cake, but I wanted to challenge myself to go beyond to normal day to day. I didn't go crazy, but instead I wanted to start off with classic white. You could find the recipe I used at I am Baker @ blogspot. For those of you who don't know Amanda is wonderful. She shares all her wonderful finds and responds to your questions and comments in a timely manner.

I was so please on how it came out. My daughter, Bella, even got in on the action. I decided to share my cake with my neighbor. She ate that cake up in about a minute. I swear we were talking and then it was gone! That would have been fine, but she was supposed to share with her husband. Ooops I owe him a slice. For those of you who don't think you could do it just believe in yourself. it really was not that much different from the box. Besides you get bragging rights to tell everyone, "I made this cake from scratch!" I think I'll try chocolate cake next. Wish me luck!


4 comments:

  1. good luck! I pretend I make things from scratch by using recipes from "the Cake DOctor" (you should check her cook books out). She adds thing to cake mixes- like today I'll be making pnut butter cupcakes from a butter mix, but I add pnut butter and change up the oil and eggs. I love her recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh cool that sounds great! I'm definitely going to check it out. Hey did you notice I have a few followers? It only took me a couple of months, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done!! I have always made my cakes from scratch - although we only have about 4 different types of boxed cakes here in NZ, so don't really have that option!! Maybe that's also why I end up crying over cake so often :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha yeah living in LA has it's perks. I just made red velvet from scratch. Post coming soon.

    ReplyDelete