Thursday, June 10, 2010

Music Cake


My second order came from a friend of my sister. She was purchasing it for her nephew who loves music. So when we talked I thought I do an Ipod cake, but turns out he like to play musical instruments and not just listen. So she emailed me a pic she saw online. I took it as inspiration to make a cake that would be for a 16 year old boy. I had some trouble keeping the fondant looking dark black. I painted it with the gel, but after some time they began to bleed onto the ribbon. To make my life a lot easier I changed out the ribbon right before they came to pick it up. Not only did I get a $10 tip, but later that day she sent me a text. The text said that her nephew thought it looked like Cake Boss. I was so happy they enjoyed it. That was the best complement I could ever ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment