Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Lets Go Fishing




My latest creations was for a groom. A friend from college gave me a call to make a cake for her fiance. All she told me was that he likes fishing and soccer. I looked on line to see if there had been any cakes bringing the two together. I had no luck finding anything. So I had to come up with something on my own. I showed her the sketch and she loved it. I had never created something so detailed. I just hoped I could pull it off. I started on Tuesday with the man and finished Friday. I even woke up at 5am to work on it for fear I would run out of time. It was nice to be finished with the project hours before pick up. But I did have one problem. The leg fell off. I was babysitting my cousin and he said it was a zombie cake. That wasn't going to be good enough so I went into repair mode and fixed it. It was a sigh of relief that it did come off again. The bride loved it and so did I.

6 comments:

  1. The guests all stood around and took pictures of it. Really- you do awesome work. It looked great up close and far away- I didnt get to eat any because I left the wedding prior to cake cutting. I hear it was yummy though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cakes are fantastic! I'm just getting into trying out cakes myself (really, JUST about to start!) And would love some advice! You can follow my blog over at www.becslake.blogspot.com

    Becs @ Stiletto Studio

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your comments.

    @ Becs, With all honesty I myself have just started making cakes. If I had to give advice I would say start with a plan. Base your prices by checking with local bakeries. Practice, practice, practice! I like to work with fondant because your able to do more things, but it took a long time to get the hang of it. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! Im preeeetty sure you'll be juuust fine making cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much! I plan on trying them this week! I have my fingers crossed. And I love, love, love your work!

    ReplyDelete