Thursday, May 20, 2010

Who loves you more than grandma?





So this was a challenge. My grandmothers birthday was in just two day and I've been dreaming about making her a cake in the shape of a flower pot. I had to work fast. I saw a pic online and went from there. I was just trying different things and it came out great. First I cut the bottom portion of the cake. Place a smaller circle on the bottom and a larger circle on the top. Use this as a guide for your carving. Then place your top layer and carve the edges round so it looks like a pot. Crumb coat your cake a place in fridge. Be very careful when you cover it in fondant because it will rip. I suggest maybe covering the top then the bottom separate. buy beautiful flowers and place as desired. Oh yeah before I forget make sure you save some of the leftover cake. it could be used a dirt. Who knew dirt could taste so good.

Lets just say when I was done I fell in love. My grandmother loved it so much that she didn't want to cut it. That's how you know you have a winner. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment