Thursday, February 10, 2011

I'm back...(Cont.)




I also had a very busy Thanks Giving. But before I start let me let the cat out of the bag. I'm pregnant! Yes, I'm expecting our second baby girl. But by thanks giving I was feeling horrible. Morning sickness is the worst. I love to bake, but even good smells got to me. And just my luck! I agreed to do my first wedding cake. I was under a lot of pressure. I felt sick and now I had to send out my best work. Again my cousin volunteered to help me decorate. My dad even watched my daughter while I baked. It took me all day to bake because I took so many breaks. The yummy smell was just too much for me. All in all I got through it and the client was thrilled.

The decorating process took hours, but all worth. All I could say is plan ahead, make sure you have all your tools on hand, and be patient. If anyone is scared to attempt a wedding cake... just go for it! After it was done I felt so accomplished. I felt like I could do anything... and so can you!

P.s. I used my cricut cake to do the butterflies and scroll design.

No comments:

Post a Comment